Thom Weeks//Gnarwolves

For this interview I was given strict instructions to make it interesting so I used the same boring questions I usually do but added an extra layer of spice,
With no particular order or rhythm to my questions due to the little news they'd given out at my time of questioning I opened by asking what inspired Thom to take up his part in the band so he revealed that he'd been playing... guitar and writing songs since a young age and "used to piss [his] mum off by playing terrifically bad Green Day covers at home with his brother Max" and that the bands bassist Charlie used to be a drummer and had never even played bass before their first rehearsal!
I then avoided the particularly vanilla band name question and opted for asking what they'd call the band if they were forced to change it, saying that despite being so reluctant as the current band name is "so friggin good" he'd change it to Bangers, Bangers "so every time they're on a poster they'd be advertising the best band in the world.
Then again following no pattern of questioning I asked who their biggest non musical influences are, possibly linking to success to which he replied "that really depends what being successful means to you" and that "it's all about the journey mmaannnn", he then said that friends and family will always influence his decisions more than anything and finished by saying he lives his life by the teachings of Rob Fleming in the novel 'High Fidelity' (which I 100% recommend reading).
Then I kind of had to ask something boring and regular for anyone interested in the band but doesn't even know the basics, so we spoke about upcoming plans which include the release of their new album 'Outsiders' on Big Scary Monsters which was freshly recorded in Southampton and has one song up online already and the supporting UK tour they'll be doing from April 27th to May 20th this year.
Then finally to finish with some totally random question I asked him personally for the greatest drunk karaoke songs ever, which he confidently answered 'I would do anything for love' by Meatloaf or 'Total eclipse of the heart' by Bonnie Tyler saying that they're so hard to nail but if you can do it, you'll be karaoke champion, which I couldn't agree with more.
Gnarwolves release their new album in May and have a huge U.K tour before, during and after the release of it.tt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daniel Curcio, Palaye Royale - An Interview

Wallflower - an Interview

Talking about Aliens: Gerard Ways Solo Career